Official Memo from Bishop Konderla
We live in a challenging moment in time. In the attached memo from Bishop Konderla, he outlines specific directives and guidelines for the parishes and faithful of the Diocese of Tulsa and Eastern Oklahoma. Please click on the button below to read the entire document.
1. Bishop Konderla has suspended all public Masses through the Wednesday of Holy Week, April 8, 2020. All Catholics in the diocese have received dispensation to no longer attend Sunday Masses through Palm Sunday, April 5, 2020. The bishop will assess and may offer further guidelines as we near that date.
2. The last public Mass will be Thursday, March 19 at 8:30am.
3. Religious education, RCIA, bible studies, stations of the cross, youth group, and other organized gatherings will be suspended during this same time. Because of this suspension, the Divine Mercy Lenten Mission and penance rite will be postponed.
4. Friday Fish Frys are also suspended, however, this Friday, the Knights will be offering a drive-thru option on the alley of the courtyard for those who care to participate. The cost is free, but donations will be accepted to help our seminarians. Basically, enter the alley on the south end of the school to pickup your to-go containers. Questions or if you are homebound and would request delivery contact Brian Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text him at 918-876-2409.
5. Fr. Archie will continue to do private Masses each day for the intentions already established, as well as for health and protection of our parish family.
These are trying times, but as members of the Body of Christ, we know that God's grace and love is greater than any challenge or disease. Do not hesitate to contact me should you have questions, comments, or a specific need. I invite you to read Bishop Konderla's memo and to say a prayer or two as we move forward together into this uncharted territory.
God bless you and your family,
Fr. Archie Fernandez
Copyright © 2020 St. James Catholic Church, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you are a St. James Parishioner.
Our mailing address is:
St. James Catholic Church
5500 Douglas Lane
Bartlesville, OK 74006